jueves, 2 de diciembre de 2010

Essay

I would like to write about the use of technologies as an important part of the learning process at the classroom. Technologies are a new phenomenon; it has been incorporated to the learning process not too many years ago so I would like to give myself as an example about the use of technologies in the classroom. I have lived all the process… while I was growing up, technologies were been incorporated to the classroom.

My firsts years at school the most technological things that we have were radios and tvs, but then when technologies were reproducing themselves, start to appear the learning programs on computer or teacher start to tell us that we should do our papers on the computer. Then, appear the “power point” and nowadays it’s one of the best tools for teachers beacuse facilitates the learning progress. And then came all the internet revolution: All the information was only a click away. Now I think we're kind of slaves of these machines. Everything depends on these technologies. It’s unthinkable to do something handwriting.

I think this entire phenomenon has good and bad things. Computers, and especially Internet let us access to a huge world of fast information and communication, and I think I could say that it’s one of the most important tools for students today. Everything that you need to know you can find it on the internet. But this is not a formal source to search the information, because anyone can upload documents to internet and you don’t have a way to prove the veracity of the information. So it’s like a double-edged sword. Also, the use of books and encyclopedias has been reduced, because of the same thing.

Personally, I think that we should be careful about the use of technologies. I think they are a great tool that makes life easier in lots of ways but we can’t forget that there are other ways to do things. Today, kids use to play lots of hour at the computer or with their play station and they didn’t know than there is a whole amazing world outside. Works on computer are ok but sometimes it would be great if we were challenged to do some things handwriting. We have lost our consciousness about our capability to do things with our hands, not just with machines.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario